Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's my birthday, it's my birthday, uh huh, uh huh...

NOT begging for attention - just saying THANK YOU to the Lord for this year, troublesome and trying though it has been. THANK YOU for all my friends and family. THANK YOU for possibilities. THANK YOU for imagination.

THANK YOU for the amazing gift of having realized the desire of my heart, to write. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this day and all those that came before it and for the hope of many more to come.

From today through Christmas I have the blessing of writing for the joy of it - I Have a proposal waiting to be sent after Christmas, and can take the next couple weeks to write and polish chapters on the book of my heart ( Check out: http://dearhelenhartman.blogspot.com/). It's a wonderful gift to be able to remember why we write, to hush the editor's voice, to shut out the fears of not being good enough or not finding a publisher, to surrender yourself to the words and characters and settings and dream and to just WRITE.