Sunday, September 12, 2010

Live and LEARN!

Sometimes the best way to learn something is to Teach it!

Gave a workshop session recently and am still going over what I might have done better, what I wish I had added, or asked or done... angst, regret, hoping it was helpful. The one thing not on the veritable endless buffet of 'if only's is the prep work for the presentation.

Like a massive closet clear out, getting ready to share what I think are the most valuable lessons of finding readers in the age of the internet meant I had to get rid of the stuff in my mental closet that didn't work and organize the rest. Whew!

Will share a bit about that - including adding a blog list culled from my own MUST CLICK list - later this week but today I want to issue the challenge you (Yes, YOU, I may only have One reader, but that doesn't mean you don't have to do the work!!)
If there is an area in your life, your work, your writing that needs to be sorted out, create a lesson plan, an outline, a handout with the idea in mind - this is what I would tell someone who was facing the things that I have dealt with, that I do, that I believe, hope for, work towards. This is my experience. This is my vision, This is what is important to me.

Imagine what you could accomplish if you set that out for yourself! If you embraced the value of what is already in you and stretched yourself to find out how to do and be better at it!

You may surprise yourself by what you know but also by what you need to learn in order to make that lesson plan. Live and learn used to seem like such a passive statement to me. A shrug off. Eh, whatever, live and learn.

Today it sounds like the best kind of encouragement - LIVE and learn, never stop learning, even from yourself.