Friday, June 18, 2010

A Whole Lot of Begatting Going On!

And I don't mean genealogical who's who either.

Nope, thinking about a rejection I got this week for a book I totally ADORE and want to write so much I can taste it, and that is in no small part because it's about women in 1970 writing a cookbook! Oddly enough I am not sad about said rejection. In fact, when my agent told me it was like "Whew, now that's out of the way we can get on with getting the book where it belongs!"

And I don't know if it was confidence, faith, foolishness or bravado, or perhaps all of the above, but the funny thing is, that it resulted in a series of events happening that supported my belief in this book which then ramped up my excitement to write it, which made me believe even more in it and so on and so on. My open attitude begat a better result which begat... you get it.

Because of this I know I will one day write this book. It will be my big book - even if it's a little something I end up self publishing - I just KNOW IT.

In mulling this over I can't help thinking that I should be getting better at begetting. I believe in what I'm doing, I become open to whatever can make that happen, I make better choices, I believe in those choices, I am open to new ideas to make it happen, I believe I will find a way, even if it's not the way I first imagined and on we go.
It can work in writing, in publishing, in business, in dieting (I mean, if you're concerned about that kind of thing, she says after a two day junk food rampage that's left her bloated and grumpy)in relationships, in anything, right?

One firm, positive belief at a time.